12/03/2009

Issa (formerly known as Jane Siberry) Comes to Milwaukee!

Can I just tell you how excited I am? This has been a helluva year for music in Milwaukee, and it's coming to a close in grand style.

Between appearances by John Wesley Harding and his Cabinet of Wonders in April (OK, this was in Madison), Flight of the Conchords and Eugene Mirman in May, and Pet Shop Boys in September (not to mention concerts by Madeleine Peyroux and Camera Obscura to round out our entertainment calendar), I thought the year couldn't get any better.

I have never before enjoyed being so wrong.

Our concert-going year is coming in for the softest, sweetest of landings with this Saturday's (12/5) show at Turner Hall Ballroom by the one and only Issa (formerly known as Jane Siberry).

I first heard her as Jane Siberry, back in...1985 was it? My uncle Greg taped her song "The Waitress" off the radio and brought it over for my sisters and I to hear. We were hooked! I have followed her music and seen her in concert a precious handful of times in the years since, and each new album and each new show has resonated profoundly and stayed with me.

Issa's is a voice you simply must experience. Her stage presence will captivate and enchant you. You will laugh, you will cry, your heart will sing like never before. Seriously. Get tickets now, with self-determined pricing. You will thank me later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Issa, now back to Jane Siberry , played here in Tucson on Wednesday evening. It was a different Jane and a different concert. But still fascinating. Will be interested to hear what you think of her show on Saturday. She is selling her new CD and it is really wonderful. Self determined pricing, of course.