9/14/2009

What Have I Done To Deserve This? (Pet Shop Boys Appreciation Week)

Tomorrow I am meeting Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe, a.k.a. Pet Shop Boys! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to thank them in person for the 25 years of fabulosity they have given the world.

The Meet and Greet is part of a VIP ticket package that I stumbled upon via the band's website, a few days before the Pabst Theater's own presale. It was pure chance! I visited the Pet Shop Boys website that day to see if the rest of the Fall 2009 North American tour schedule had been posted (the Pandemonium Tour), and I saw an announcement that VIP packages would be sold starting that very day (!). I followed the link they provided, waited the required few hours until the VIP presale started (while continually refreshing my browser, of course), and soon was the proud owner of second row center seats and backstage passes to meet the Boys.

Yes!

Thinking back to my first Pet Shop Boys concert in 1999, I remember being so grateful just for the chance to see them perform live. Keep in mind, I'd been a fan from the time I was 10 years old, back in the mid-1980s. I'd waited so long to see them in concert. I was a very happy girl when they played the Riviera in Chicago in '99.

Three more PSB concerts and ten years later, I get the chance to meet them! Happy?

Indeed.

No comments: